Friday, November 20, 2015

Will of Magnus Linklater - Shantau

Addendum to previous post here.

At last I’ve been able to get a copy of Magnus Linklater’s will from the UK National Archives. A few years ago I tried but at the time it hadn’t been digitised separately from a huge bundle of papers from China and they wanted me to pay for them to do the lot, I’m not a millionaire so I declined!! Recently I rechecked and I was happy to see they had been done and this time it was only going to cost me about $NZ34, a lot better than the hundreds they wanted last time!

So here we have it, the final proof that I’ve been more or less correct in my research and assumptions. Wife Jane is not mentioned because sadly she had died the previous year:-

will-pg1 will-pg3 will-pg4

No comments:

Post a Comment